Monday, August 28, 2006

crappy day and photos

Ugh, crappy day.

Mom's in the hospital. She was complaining of chest pain, and the doc decided she needed to go the E.R. She's okay, they think, but she's staying there over night.

I feel pretty bad, since the pain is most likely stress related, and my move was a big cause of stress for her. It also sucks that, of course, I'm not in FL. I'm never in FL when she goes to the hospital.

I was at Orientation events from 10-1, then I finally got around to depositing some checks and went home to nap. I set my phone, and it woke me up at 4, but the next thing I knew it was 5:00 and I was on the phone with my Mom's friend Donna, and she's telling me that my Mom's in the hospital. Except I don't remember falling back to sleep. I guess I must've, but I just don't remember it at all.

So that meant I missed the one thing I was interested in going to...the receptions for sections. I wanted to meet the people in my section, since I'll be spending the next year with them. Oh well. Tomorrow I'll at least meet my lawyering group.

I still haven't gotten my computer. Maybe tomorrow.

For some reason my fingernails are getting in the way when I type now. I really don't understand what I'm doing differently. They're the same length, but now typing is really uncomfortable. It doesn't make any sense, really. I wonder if it could have to do with the height of my desk or something. Let's see...it seems to be slightly better, but not gone, if I put it on my lap. Perhaps I'm just losing my mind.

Oh, I did take a very few boring pictures. The first one is the view from my window. Actually, a small portion of the view. I'll try to remember to take a more complete one.

The other one is my room. Thrilling, huh?

I think I'll be glad when Orientation is over and classes begin. Not that I'm really all that motivated to start working on stuff at the moment. I did my Torts homework (so far, can't get that book cheap), but I still have contracts and "Civ Pro" to do. Heh, I'm starting to learn the lingo.

I guess I should probably just order my Torts book on Amazon, but I'll wait until tomorrow to rule out any other students selling it. So far, they've all been selling other Torts books, including the guy who I can tell was "in my section" last year, that I'm buying my Contracts book from. They had a different Torts prof, though, as mine's a visiting from GT.

No comments: