Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Jumbled thoughts

So it's been an emotional rollercoaster of a few weeks. DC, weddings, parties, graduation. Whew! Where to start?

So I guess I'm a college grad now. I feel wiser! Uh. Yeah. Leaving New College is weird. I was so obsessed with getting out that I forgot to realize (wow...do you ever completely forget how to spell a word for no good reason? i.e. when you're not intoxicated?) that I was going to miss it. New College has been my home for five years. Even when I wasn't there, I still considered myself a New College student. Just away for a bit. It's one of the few homes I've ever had. The last time I was that home somewhere (or spent that long somewhere) was in Mobile. I'm such a nomad.

As a result of this realization Friday night, I got a bit sad. Friday night was awesome (and Saturday morning, hehe) but Saturday I was kind of mopey. Missing things, people. Grr.

I do miss Laura a lot. Especially on Mondays! Sunday I went over to Sarah's to tell her goodbye as well. That was nice.

But graduation was awesome. For as many pictures as were taken, I wish we had taken more. I got my camera all ready to take to pcp and then forgot it like a dumbass. I thought about going back to get it before I finished my first beer...god, I wish I had. No one else I was out with had cameras. None of my friends take pics. They're all old and don't care.

My Mom went so overboard on graduation. Banners, flowers, all kinds of stuff. I think she's REALLY proud. They all are, I guess. Way to be the first Nash kid to earn a degree.

DC, by the way, was awesome. I have some good stories, but I don't know if I'll get around to telling them, as everything went crazy once I got back. But it was a beautiful wedding, and they're such a loving couple, and that made me very happy. And I go to out to bars in Georgetown and see what it was like to be of drinking age in a city that's NOT Sarasota. You know, where there's young attractive people instead of 50-something washouts.

So now I'm settling down into my summer. And getting excited about NYU. I set up my NYU "home account" today. I'm trying to decide on my preferred e-mail. I think it's going to be snash@nyu.edu if it's not taken. srnash? sydnash? So cool. I know it's a dorky thing to get excited about...but...I'm a dork. So...WOOT! I'm going to be attending a school that EVERYONE's heard of. How's that for a change?

Amy, the new receptionist, put in her 2 weeks yesterday, which is the worst news I've heard in a while. Now they're going to make me work as a receptionist again or something. Grrr. I don't want to! Anyone want a cozy job as a receptionist? I've been enjoying my freedom from recepting too much...now it sucks when I do it. I like coming in when I want; taking care of stuff at my own pace.

I think that's it for now. I'm supposed to go out on a date tonight. I'm not entirely sure that I've been on a date since I was 15. Better find something to wear.

This post's such a jumble. Sorry. Better gathered thoughts next time.

No comments: