Sunday, May 07, 2006

7 more hours

I can't believe I have seven more hours left at work. Grr. It's really cold. I'm going to go change the thermostat. Ugh, stupid thermostat claims it's 77 degrees in here. Ridiculous.

Anyway, SEVEN more hours. I've been here for 3, as I actually got to work on time. I only go to work on time because I couldn't oversleep. I couldn't oversleep because I was never asleep. I'm supposed to drive to Orlando after work, so I'm hoping I'm not too tired, because I'd rather drive tonight than in the morning.

I have senioritis SO badly. I have almost nothing to do. Yet, it's next to impossible to do the things I do have to do, which are: (1) Library copy of thesis (2) turn chapter 2 of my thesis into a paper and turn it in and (3) do case briefs for my law and econ tutorial. Since we're running out of time, Coe told us to do the whole chapter. This is turning out to be quite the ordeal...probably 20+ cases to read and brief. There's no way I'm briefing this many cases. I will read them all instead. Normally I enjoy my L&E work, but it pretty much sucks today. Plus, contract law is dumb. I am dreading that class in law school already. I am convinced that contract law makes no sense.

Example: Suppose farmer A sells what he believes to be a barren cow to farmer B for a low price.

situation A: Farmer B knows that the cow is NOT barren, but actually pregnant, and does not disclose this information. This contract is valid.

situation B: Farmer A knows that cow is barren, but does not disclose this information. This contract is not valid.

situation C: Neither Farmer A nor Farmer B know the cow is not barren. After the sale, Farmer B discovers the cow is pregnant. This contract is not valid.

Go figure. It seems to me that there's a lot of weird incentives in contract law, but maybe I just don't know enough about it yet. Of course, I'm not sure I want to know more.

I have it on good authority that I'm going to be offered admission at University of Chicago tomorrow or the next day. I'm not quite sure how I feel about this. I think I still want to go to NYU, but I think it's only fair to give UChicago it's fair shot. Learn about it, etc. I can't go visit since I only have two weeks to decide, and that's about graduation. Too bad, because I'm visiting Chicago in June. It's hard for me to consider schools other than NYU, but I have to remind myself that that's because (a) I've been picturing myself at NYU for a while now and (b) I know a lot about NYU.

I just made the mistake of saying I was bored to Winnie. Oops, she gave me something to do. Of course, I have SEVEN hours to do it in. Well, 6 and half. Luckily, I get to eat in 19 minutes. I like eating. There are few things in this world that I enjoy more than eating. Possibly sleeping. And sex, but not always.

Well, this is rapidly disentegrating from a poor starting point. Bad news. I shall go eat now. Whew.

No comments: