Wednesday, July 05, 2006

ramblings

Well, I'm back home after a long holiday weekend. More specifically, I'm at work.

I literally have nothing to do. I'm all caught up on my work, and I really don't know what I'm going to spend the next 3 weeks doing. Plus, Erin is all efficient and junk. How annoying ;) It's 4:30, and no one is here. Winnie's on vacation, Ken hurt his back, accounting's gone home, and Chuck and Sandra left early. So I'm sitting here writing a blog post.

I spent Friday through Tuesday at home in Apopka. We went over to my uncle's house every day during the day...sooooooo many of my cousins and such were in town. I actually spent time in the sun for the first time in like...years. Got a little bitty bit of a tan, went skiing, swimming, and kneeboarding. And rode on the silly ski bob thing with my little cousins...that was ridiculous. I used to ride on that thing at my friends' lakehouses in Texas way back in middle school.

Mom helped me work through a bunch of my money and travel worries, and I've finally calmed down a bunch. I don't have to worry about money as much, now, and my plane reservation is made, so I can't change my mind about that anymore. Plus, I've got the cat confirmed and all that good jazz. OH! I need to call the vet. And I still have to send off all my americorps paperwork to pay off various things. Annoying. But, I'm finally taking care of it.

I need to buy a lot of packing boxes and such, and start packing stuff up. Particularly books and stuff that I won't need between now and then. Moving is such a pain. I described it as a 'cleansing' to Aunt T. It really is, lol.

I found all of Robert and I's old campaign posters. Those things are HILARIOUS. There's a pic of us with Stacey, and the caption reads: "9 out of 10 chess masters agree: 2 presidents are better than 1." I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all of them. They're too big to scrap them in this book. I can't decide whether I want to take all the rest of the stuff and scrap it, and put the campaign posters elsewhere, or put them all somewhere together, if that makes any sense. In addition to the campaign posters, I have some photographs and Catalyst clippings. Plus some of our 'platform' notes. We were such radicals!

What I really need to do is finish my graduation announcement. I wanted to have that out forever ago. Oh well.

No comments: