Tuesday, December 21, 2004

People weren't meant to live in the cold

As I was sitting on the bus after waiting in the cold today, my nose was running and running and I was thinking, 'people shouldn't be in this kind of cold'. My body doesn't like it! The wind was gusting up to 30 mph today, and so even though it was 20 degrees out, it felt like 5, according to the Weather Channel. Jenny had told me that when the wind was bad enough, you could actually lean back into it. I didn't believe her until today. The wind wasn't quite that bad, but it would cause me to sort of sway when I wasn't braced for the gusts. I'd roll back on my heels.

People were not meant to live in this sort of cold.

It's a balmy 45 or 50 degrees inside our office. That's right--INSIDE our office. I worked most of the day with my coat either on, or over my legs, and Meghan was typing with gloves on. I said 'can you actually type while wearing gloves?' and she said 'well, I've been working at the Campaign for many a winter'. Ahhh...yea for being broke.

I have this horrible craving to IM Dann, who haven't talked to in a long time. I didn't really get a chance to talk to him last time I was in Florida. He keeps changing his away message. I just could use a good Dann talk. We used to talk. Ugh.

I don't think Sean's going to be home before I want to go to bed. I told him to call me when he gets home, but I'm getting tired.

I need to clip my fingernails...they hurt.

No comments: