Wednesday, April 27, 2005

drugs or jesus

Hmmm...what should I do now?

So, I had to finish my take-home exam, and I was mad, because I fell asleep earlier and didn't work on my take-home...but then I finished it within like an hour after making a yummy dinner for Sean and I. That was fast. Then I hung out with Sean, and now he's in bed, and now I don't know what I want to work on.

Okay, it sounds really hokey, but this song just came on LaunchCast by Tim McGraw...drugs or jesus...and I really like it. "In my home town, it's still black and white...it's a long way between wrong and right...the road to drugs or jesus." It sounds dumb, but anyone who has lived in a small town can vouch that that's a perfect description. The song would be better if he didn't go off a little religiously at the end, but I still like it. It reminds me of every small town I've ever lived in...everyone's a Christian or a druggie. Ahh. So true.

Anyway, I should probably stop writing and start doing something useful, because it's near the end of the semester and I've gotta get a move on. But I don't know what I want to do. My reading probably won't take too long, but if I do it first, then I'll probably just go right to bed when I'm finished. So I should probably work on one of my four papers. Thing is, I don't really feel like it. Grrr. Wednesday is my big work day, and I got very little accomplished, so that's not good. Ooh, maybe I'll look at jobs. That's productive. Except that this time I need to actually apply for them, unlike last time.

I'm hoping to get a real job this time. Like, one that's not in food service. One that actually utilizes my skills, which, as it turns out, aren't in the food industry, really. Besides, I don't feel like hanging out with a bunch of druggie servers and managers anymore. I'd rather hang out with boring old people. Because I'm a boring young person. Anyway, I'm gonna go look at jobs.

No comments: